Clear Creek ISD Schools Reopen January 5
CCISD Moves to ‘Mitigation’ Stage due to COVID-19 Cases
The Clear Creek Independent School District will reopen schools as scheduled on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, for all students and continue virtual learning for previously enrolled students.
Due to the significant increase in the number of COVID-19 cases locally and indications from health officials that the upward trend is projected to continue, Clear Creek ISD has moved from Stage 4 “Monitoring” down to Stage 3 “Mitigation” on its Health Mitigation Protocol system on Monday, January 3, 2022.
In Stage 3, the following measures will be in place:
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged indoors for students, staff, and visitors
- COVID-19 cleaning protocols are in place
- Elementary and intermediate campus staff continue to support the proper, consistent use of face coverings for students whose parents have required their child to wear one.
- Social distancing in classrooms as much as possible.
- Social distancing during elementary, breakfast and lunch and designated areas for social distancing for intermediate and high schools.
- Pandemic, nightly, and high touch cleaning practices.
- Cleaning supplies, alcohol wipes, face coverings, and hand sanitizer are widely available.
- Only volunteer activities which are planned in advance.
- Visitors for breakfast and lunch will be delayed until conditions improve (originally planned for reinstatement during the week of January 10)
The Centers for Disease Control has recently revised its isolation guidelines based on science as it relates to the Omicron variant. Clear Creek ISD will adjust its student and staff exclusion practices to align with this latest guidance which specifically states that those who have tested positive for COVID-19 should isolate for five days if they are asymptomatic or if their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours) and follow the isolation period by wearing a mask for five days when around others. Updated documents and forms related to this revised guidance will be complete by Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
Staff and students may self-report a COVID-19 positive test or self-report symptoms by logging into the CCISD Health Services App. The CCISD COVID-19 public dashboard of COVID-19 cases is being updated as reports are processed.