Clear View High School Reopens its Doors
Staff and students at Clear View High School were welcomed into their new home this month.
The Clear View High School Tigers are almost two weeks into enjoying their brand-new campus. It took 18 months for the complete rebuild of the school.
In May 2017, the community overwhelmingly voted to approve the Bond Program which allotted $487 million to improve Clear Creek ISD schools and support services. The original projected cost for the Clear View rebuild was $45,162,961. The district is pleased to report the cost for this project was about $5 million less than anticipated.
In May 2020, at the height of the Coronavirus pandemic, the first phase of construction began at the new campus. The original building dated back to 1938, but the new campus, located right next to the old building, now matches the heart and soul of the students who walk its halls.
The new state-of-the-art building will increase capacity from 250 to 350 total students and include new opportunities for the cosmetology and certified nursing assistant programs at the school. A new wing for the certified welding program will also expand the District’s Career and Technical Education reach for students across CCISD.
Some of the key features of the new campus include:
• New facilities, including classrooms and labs, for Career and Technical Education Programs
• Audio/Video Production
• Certified Nursing Assistant
• Welding, a new District-wide program offering in CCISD
• New multi-purpose commons area with space for performances, presentations, and cafeteria service
• New stage to serve as a black box performance area, classroom space or presentation station
• New art courtyard
• New centrally-located media center
• New collaboration spaces and modern classrooms
The original art deco Clear View High School main entrance remains on the old school grounds and will be preserved. A new exterior wall will be added to protect the historic structure until a future purpose is determined.
A Rededication Ceremony will be held later this semester to mark this significant milestone in Clear Creek ISD. Click here to learn more about the 2017 Bond progress.