We make every effort to staff our classrooms with professionals and paraprofessionals of outstanding ability and dedication.
It is reassuring to know that when a classroom teacher or staff member must be absent, there is an equally dedicated substitute implementing the instructional program—You.
As a substitute, we know you possess many talents—versatility, flexibility, and selflessness to name a few. As you consider applying to be a substitute at CCISD, trust that you will feel a real sense of satisfaction as you view the contributions you make to the students and programs of our District. We appreciate that you are there when you need you the most.
We accept applications for teacher and paraprofessional/aide substitutes throughout the school year. We encourage you to fill out an application based on your primary interest (either Teacher or para-professional/Aide).
Teacher & Paraprofessional Substitutes:
The Substitute Office will review your applications and references. If selected, you will be contacted for an interview. If recommended to be a substitute after your interview, you will be invited to attend a New Substitute Orientation prior to joining the substitute team.
Are you a retired CCISD employee and want to be a substitute teacher or paraprofessional? Please complete our online application then call the Substitute Office at 281-284-0155 for additional instructions.
When applying to become a substitute for CCISD, you will need to supply or meet the following requirements:
- Work history (3-5 years)
- Three (3) qualified references: One (1) reference must be from a previous or current work supervisor. References do not need to be school district-related; general work-related references are acceptable. We do not accept references from family or friends.
- Applications are not considered complete until three (3) qualified references have replied, work, and education history detailed. A completed application must be on file prior to interviewing and/or attending substitute orientation.
- Prior to interview and/or orientation, selected applicants will receive an email confirming the date, time, and location of the interview/orientation, a list of required documents to bring with them, and a request to RSVP.
- All substitutes are required to bring an Official High School or College Transcript to Orientation. Transcripts must be in a university sealed envelope.
- Certified teachers must also provide a copy of their Teaching Certificate.
- Substitutes will be fingerprinted and required to pass the background check. Instructions for fingerprinting will be provided by the substitute office.
- Employment with Clear Creek ISD is based on having an acceptable criminal history.
- Applications and references will remain active for one year.
|Substitute Qualification||Daily||Long Term|
|Special Ed Classroom Aide||$90||$100|
|Licensed Vocational Nurses||$90||$100|
|Teacher, 30 plus college hours||$80||$100|
|Teacher, Bachelor’s degree||$90||$120|
Whether you've joined our team or are looking to become a part of the team, we'd love to connect with you.
Our team is available to answer any questions you might have, so go ahead and reach out or follow us online. Either way, we'd love to hear from you soon.
Follow Us for Job Openings and Recruitment Event Information
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CLEAR CREEK INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MILITARY STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LAW.