Frequently Asked Questions


How can I deposit money in my student’s account?

You may deposit money in your student’s account by using our student meal account payment system, SchoolCafe. It will enable you to electronically deposit money into your child’s meal account and set up notifications for your student’s account when it gets below a dollar amount determined by the parent/guardian.  *Please note:  It can take up to 48 hours for funds to appear in the student's account.*


Can I still send money or a check with my student to school to pay for his or her meals?

Yes, you may send cash or a check to your student’s Cafeteria Manager. If sending cash, insert cash into a sealed envelope with your student’s name, homeroom and PIN. If sending a check, include your student’s name, check writer’s full name, a phone number and a physical address. Please remember that we do not accept checks over $150.00. All checks are subject to a return fee of $30.00.


Can I transfer money between my two student’s accounts?

Yes. Please call 281-284-0700 to complete the transaction. “Bonus” money is non-transferable.


What happens to left over money in my child’s account at the end of the school year?

The money remaining in your student’s account at the end of the school year may be held over for the following school year. However, if you are leaving the district and will not be returning, you may request a refund. Checks will not be issued for refunds under $15.00. Refunds under $15.00 will be refunded in cash and only at the Child Nutrition Office at 2145 West NASA Bvld., Webster, TX 77598. Refunds over $15.00 will be issued by check from the district finance office and may take up to 2 weeks to process. “Bonus” money is non-refundable.


What happens if my check is returned for non-payment by my bank?

If a check is not honored by your bank, it will be sent to Envision Payment Solutions for collection. You will be contacted by Envision to make payment arrangements. A $30.00 collection fee will be applied to each returned check. Also, the Cafeteria Manager will not be able to accept subsequent checks on your student’s account until the outstanding check has been cleared through Envision.


Is “Bonus” money transferable or refundable?

No. “Bonus” money is not transferable nor refundable. Any remaining bonus money will be forfeited and removed from your student’s account upon request for transfer or refund.


How can you qualify for free and reduced-price meals?

  • Online: Applications may be completed online at SchoolCafe. Please use the following link for detailed instructions (English / Spanish) on how to do fill it out. 
  • Direct Certification: The State agency will notify CCISD of students who qualify based on Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) formerly Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR). Benefits are updated monthly. 
  • Homeless: Please contact your child’s school for further details. 


How long does the free or reduced-price eligibility last?

Eligibility lasts the entire school year the application was processed in and carried over for the first 30 school days of the new school year. Once a new application for the new school year is processed, the carryover days stop and the new benefits will begin. 


Do you have to submit a new application every year?

Yes. Students who participated in the Free & Reduced-Price Meal Program in Clear Creek ISD during the previous school year will continue to receive the same benefits for the first thirty (30) school days of the new school year or until a new application has been processed. After the first thirty (30) school days, if a new application has not been received & processed, the student will return to full-pay status. 


When can you apply for benefits?

The online application is available at the beginning of August.


Will families get reimbursed for charged meals when a student qualifies for free or reduced-price meals?

No. The family is responsible for any charges made before meal benefits are approved.


Do you h

Do you h

Do you have to submit a new application every year? 

Yes. Studen

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.  (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information is available in languages other than English. To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at, or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

©2018 CLEAR CREEK INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT | Powered by: SchoolMessenger | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Login