We are CCISD!
The Clear Creek Independent School District is home to explorers and adventurers! Nestled along the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston and the boating waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Clear Creek ISD proudly serves the educational growth of more than 41,000 students and continues to be one of the most desirable places to raise a family in the Greater Houston area.
Clear Creek ISD is the 29th largest school district in Texas, out of 1,031 districts. Our district spans 103 square miles, 13 municipalities, and two counties (Harris and Galveston). We are governed by a high performing Board of Trustees, seven elected community members representing areas of the district. We pride ourselves on involving our stakeholders in making curriculum, finance, and policy decisions, and all of our decisions are made with the best interest of children in mind.
Why People Are Talking About CCISD
- Ranked the best large school district in the Houston Metropolitan Area (Children at Risk Non-profit, Houston Chronicle)
- Named a “Top Workplace in Houston” by the Houston Chronicle for four years in a row
- 93% of our community would recommend CCISD to a friend (Baselice & Associates 2014)
- Home to the Texas Superintendent of the Year (2012)and the Texas Elementary Teacher of the Year(2013)
- A member of the Texas High Performance Schools Consortium
- Three high schools ranked among the top high schools in the nation by U.S. News and World Reports
- Two elementary schools recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools (Bay Elem., Stewart Elem.)
- One tablet computer per student in grades 4 through 12 by August 2015
- The only Education Village in Texas (Kindergarten through 12th grade)
- World Champion Robotics Program
The Success of Any Community Is Measured By The Success of its Children. We Believe It!
- CCISD students perform above the state and national average on the SAT and ACT
- Nationally recognized visual and performing arts programs
- Competitive athletic programs at both intermediate and high school levels
- Strong college preparatory programs
- Variety of education opportunities to meet the needs and interests of all students
- Updated school facilities and state-of-the art technology through 2013 Bond program
- CCISD students exceed all state standards under STAAR