State's First Education Village Dedicated
Clear Creek Independent School District
Office of Public Information
2425 East Main Street
League City, Texas 77573
Contact: Janice Scott, Public Information Assistant Director
(281) 284-0020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
STATE’S FIRST EDUCATION VILLAGE DEDICATED
League City – The state’s only Education Village was dedicated during a special ceremony on Sunday, October 17, 2010. The K-12 complex celebrated with performances by the choirs, bands and orchestras of Bayside Intermediate School and Clear Falls High School.
Comprised of Mossman Elementary School, Bayside Intermediate and Clear Falls High School, Education Village has been ranked among the top 10 Construction Projects in Texas. “The Education Village is truly an astounding place for students, teachers, parents and the community to come together to learn and create a better tomorrow,” said Superintendent of Schools Greg Smith, Ph. D. during his speech to students, parents, teachers and community members.
What is in store for students attending the Education Village?
- State-of-the-art Biotechnology Lab that can be utilized in Engineering, Health Science and Ag Science programs.
- Information Technology Lab leading to certifications in A+ and Net+
- Technology certification opportunities include Microsoft Office Specialist, Certified Nursing Assistant, Pharmacy Tech, and Welding.
- Integrated technology across all content areas
- Kindergarten - 12th grade Greenhouse, Farmer’s Market, and Financial Center.
- 5A Athletics and Fine Arts Programs
“This exceptional learning environment would not have been possible without the support of our community, said Board of Trustees President Dee Scott, “The Board would like to thank the taxpayers of CCISD for sharing in our vision and authorizing the necessary bonds to construct all three schools.” Mossman Elementary School opened in August 2009 while Bayside and Clear Falls welcomed students in August 2010.